Adding beautiful draping to your wedding reception or the backdrop of your ceremony site enhances the space considerably. Often, draping is done in a starburst design, such as in the image to the left, but there are many other styles that can be done at different venues, such as in the images below:
Adding beautiful draping to your wedding reception or the backdrop of your ceremony site enhances the space considerably. Often, draping is done in a starburst design, such as in the above, but there are many other styles that can be done at different venues, such as in the images below:
How to Decide on Draping
- Does your venue recommend a certain draper and do they have pictures of past draping styles that have been done at their venue
- Does the venue owner recommend a certain style or have a suggestion for you?
- What is your budget for this? Most drapers charge per drapery hung, so ask for their pricing for the style you would like and see if they offer a variety of styles/prices.
- Some venues lend themselves to a few draping styles hung in conjunction with each other. Find out all your options and see if there is a discount for multiple designs. For example: at Moss Estates, we do a classic swag style draping and then if the bride would like us to all add drapes, lighting and vines to the barn door we give them a $50 discount for using both styles.
- Work with your wedding planner to set the timeframe for when the draping will be done. Some venues will allow the draper to come in a day or two ahead of time; but if not, be sure the draping is done in plenty of time so their ladders are not in the way of your decor team setting tables etc.
- Some drapers work closely with certain florists to create a beautiful backdrop for your ceremony such as this arch designed with Lily’s Flower Shop at Bramble Tree Estates. We have a draping installation coming up at Cypress Creek with Lily’s Flower Shop where we are hanging blush draping and they are hanging a floral chandelier underneath it. Follow us @LewisHomeandBridal and @Lilys.flowershop for sneak peeks and design ideas.
We also love when brides come with their own ideas for how they would like the draping to look. This has helped us expand what we offer, bringing fresh, creative ideas. Just know some designs are not possible at some venues due to where chandeliers or intake vents are placed, etc.
Whatever your style of wedding, draping adds elegance and beauty to any venue.